Majamaja (Majamaja Oy & Majamaja Vuori Oy, hereby referred to as “Majamaja”) handles your personal information with care.
On this page we describe how we process your personal information at Majamaja. We explain what information we collect, save and maintain about you and why we do it. In addition, we explain your rights in regard to the EU´s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why do we collect your personal information and where is it used?
We collect your personal information so that we can offer you your desired accommodation services and activities, or that we can accommodate your business, partnership, customer relationship or general enquiry. We get the data directly from yourself when you are making the reservation, submitting a form on our website or contacting us.
The information is used for following purposes:
· To be able to deliver services and products you order from us, to be able to offer customer service to you based on your enquiry or to be able to process your other enquiry. An example of the use is receiving booking details and delivering invoices. The data processing is based on an agreement between you and Majamaja and is necessary in order to fulfill the obligations, which are created from the customer relationship.
· To manage the customer relationship. We use your personal data to provide customer service to you and to maintain the customer relationship.
· To send you marketing communications, such as news, offers and newsletters. However, we will not post marketing communications unless you have given us your permission. You can always opt-out from our newsletter anytime.
What personal information do we collect about you?
When purchasing or reserving services from us, a customer-supplier relationship is created, and we collect the following personal data:
· contact details such as e-mail, phone number and address
· booking details (e.g. data of the duration of the booking)
· date of birth (when needed)
· passport information (when needed)
Persons visiting our website:
When you visit our website, we collect some information from you by using cookies. With cookies, we are able to offer you more customized experience, targeted services and develop our own business.
Competitions and campaigns:
You may participate in competitions or campaigns organized by Majamaja by using a form on our website or in social media. The personal data you provide to us will only be retained for the purpose of organizing and managing the competition or campaigns, and will not be used for any other purpose, unless specifically agreed with you.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Majamaja does not share your personal information to third parties, unless necessary or required by law.
In order to run the business (website, booking system, invoicing, accounting, etc.) Majamaja uses carefully selected service providers. These service providers process your personal data in their data centers and there might be situations where your personal information may be accessed from outside of the EU and the EEA. In these cases we will ensure that the transfer is secure and is done, for example, by using the standard model clauses adopted by the EU Commission in Article 45 of the Data Protection Regulation.
We have made a data protection agreement with our service providers to ensure that our partners also handle your personal data securely and accordingly.
How do we take care of your personal data?
The personal data is mainly processed in digital format. The data is protected by technical means such as passwords, access rights management, data encryption and antivirus protection.
Your personal data will only be accessible to those employees who need the data in order to do their jobs.
How long will we keep your data?
We retain the personal data of our customers only for the time being and to the extent necessary to fulfill the customer relationship, contractual obligations and statutory obligations.
What are your rights?
· Find out what information we are saving and to get a copy of them.
· Request us to correct the wrong personal data.
· Refuse direct marketing
· To request the deletion of data i.e. ”to be forgotten”
You can exercise these rights by approaching us via e-mail at email@example.com and submitting your request. We will validate the request (i.e. make sure that you are who you claim to be) and respond to you as soon as possible, but within 30 days at the maximum.
Owner of the register:
Majamaja Oy / Majamaja Vuori Oy
Punavuorenkatu 16 C 72, 00150 Helsinki